Sunday, January 20, 2013

Introduction

Hello!

I'm a 37 year old German physicist with a PhD in Computational Materials Engineering who currently works as a project manager for the Fraunhofer Institute for Wind Energy and Energy System Technology in Kassel, Germany. I've been a frequent poster on Google+, and as the number of my followers kept increasing I've contemplated starting a separate blog - and my recent arrival at the 20,000 followers mark seems a good opportunity as any.

Why call this blog "A German Eye"? Well, my audience is and always has been international in scope, but I will attempt to bring a uniquely German perspective to my posts which I hope others will appreciate. Time will tell if I succeed in that goal.

I see this blog as an extension of my Google+ stream rather than a replacement. Thus, the posts here won't have a specific focus. However, you can expect certain main themes to be prominent:
  • Politics: Like with many Germans, observing and commenting on politics is a major past time, and thus you will hear my opinions on political issues - whether related to Germany, the USA, or the rest of the world - fairly frequently.
  • The Environment: I am a member of the German Green party, and thus is a concern dear to my heart. In particular, I pay attention to news and politics revolving around climate change.
  • Renewable Energy and related topics - including energy management, which is the focus of my work group. However, any views posted here are purely my own and not those of my employer.
But my interests range far and wide, so you might find posts about almost any conceivable subject matter here.

See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. I have been following you on G+ and I always find your posts interesting. I also have a lot of interests and follow a wide range of topics. Kepp up your good work.

    ReplyDelete